[kde-edu]: Interesting project: iTALC

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Wed Aug 1 18:29:59 CEST 2007

On 8/1/07, Josef Spillner <spillner at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just stumbled over the following Qt4-based project while reading some
> news
> on pro-linux.de:
> iTALC - Intelligent Teaching And Learning with Computers
> http://italc.sourceforge.net/

Hmmm, I had to look a long time to find ANY reference to linux. This might
not be the best project to advertise KDE with, it doesn't use nor depend on
KDE, and does only mention it when talking about KDM configuration...

It's in active use in a school in Saxony according to the author.

> I suggest having a page on edu.kde.org which lists such tools and also
> lists
> edu distros.

That's a good idea. Imho, each KDE project should have a wiki... Techbase
is... technical. This stuff belongs as close to the projects as possible.

Josef