[kde-edu]: Unmaintained apps in kdeedu

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Apr 25 07:40:49 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 18:17:13 Theresa wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I've read your conversations but somehow nobody mentioned KEduca?!!
>
> It seems like this app has been unmaitained for quite some while, and I
> remember talking to some of you on #kde-edu that KEduca has been dropped
> but something similar is in the pipeline for KDE4. Is that still on?
>
> I do think that the KEdutainment Suite needs an app for teachers as well!
>
> What do you think?!
>
> Theresa
YES
But there is nobody to do it.
Having been in contact with many teachers this year, I pushed for a KEduca
replacement as it is their first demand. A developer said he'll do it but we
never heard of him...
I was tempted to start it myself but I am not up to the job, my coding skills
are not good enough unfortunately. We need to do this as a team, with several
people AND teachers.

What can you do? You can start listing your needs, draw the interface if you
have some ideas and scan the draw, write what the program should do.
Start with 1 or 2 ideas and send them here. Other people will answer and taht
will be a start already.
If we have a developer saying "I'll do a KEduca replacement" and he'll do it
on its own it won't succeed. YOU teachers have to start telling how you want
it. Maybe take KEduca if you have it and look what you don't like.

Another idea: at aKademy in Glasgow there will be an Edu day (see the Dot) and
maybe we could do a workshop about KEduca.

Feedback?

Thanks,

Anne-Marie