[kde-edu]: Unmaintained apps in kdeedu

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Apr 23 20:04:44 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Quoting Urs Wolfer from the Release Team:

"In order to keep our quality, we should do a general application cleanup over
all modules before the KDE 4.0 release. We have a lot of unmaintained
applications that are horribly broken, apps that have a small userbase or
apps that are to specific to keep them in a mainmodule.

Points for cleanup decisions:
* Is the app well maintained?
* Is the app in a good shape? If not, was it in a good shape in KDE 3 times?
* Are there a lot of issues on b.k.o? Check how often issues are reported.
When has the last issue been reported? If there are less open issues, but the
app is not in a really good shape, this means the app has a small usebase.
* If it is an app with a small userbase, is it in a good shape? If it is, we
can probably move it to extragear.
* Does that app duplicate functions with another app form a mainmodule?

We should decide which applications we are going to drop as soon as possible."

Unmaintained in kdeedu are: KBruch, Kanagram, KLatin and KPercentage.

We have to decide what we do about these apps: are they in good shape enough
to be left in the module, provided we all have a look at them and fix them if
needed, hoping they'll find a maintainer? or are we going to leave them out?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, I'd hate to have to take a decision alone!

Anne-Marie