[kde-edu]: BOF Notes

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Sep 29 16:26:32 CEST 2006

Hi Albert, hi all,

Thanks a lot for taking notes and thanks to Pino who chaired the BoF.
Thanks to all people who contributed to the BoF.

We have now several ideas to go on with, as you mentioned in
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE-edu+Akademy+2006+BOF+Notes
in particular it would be good to get an/some app(s) written in python or
ruby. A thread on kde-core-devel (initiated by Albert) gave positive feedback
on that.

We really should start new work for KDE-Edu in KDE4 and collaborate closer
with edu distributions. In particular, we are looking for new developers as
there are several programs left-out at the moment.

- KEduca is not in KDE4 KDE-Edu and that's bad as KEduca was liked by
teachers. It should be reworked with new bases, lots of ideas are on the wiki
page.
- we don't know the state of KMathTool and KVerbos
-...

Anne-Marie