[kde-edu]: QDate in 4.2 - close but no cigar...

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Sep 9 17:37:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 09 September 2006 04:28, John Layt wrote:
> "A QDate object contains a calendar date, i.e. year, month, and day
> numbers, in the Gregorian calendar (Julian calendar for dates before 15
> October 1582)"

Yes, there was some recent discussion on k-c-d about whether they should use
the proleptic Gregorian calendar fro dates prior to 1582.  I said that would
be better for us, but it's not a big deal if they don't do it, because as you
point out we still need ExtDate to cover more remote dates anyway.

> So ExtDate lives on.  Ah well, at least the rest of KDE will benefit...

Yes, it will.  Although, according to lxr.kde.org, only kst and kstars are
using ExtDate classes now.  I don't know if kst would need dates prior to
JD=1 or not, so they might be happy to use the new QDate.  So it's possible
that we'll be the only ones using ExtDate :)

regards,
Jason
--
KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars