[kde-edu]: KDE/kdeedu/libkdeedu/kdeeduplot

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Oct 29 15:59:02 CET 2006

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the feedback.  This plot will be a good testbed for the
labels.  It looks to me like the algorithm has some problems, even in
the abbreviated symbols plot.  "N" and "O" are overlapping their
points,  and I don't even see "H" (it must be beyond the bounds of the
plot, which is supposed to incur a very large "cost").  In the
full-names plot, some labels like "Carbon" are far from their point
for no apparent reason.

I'll look into it, and the warnings you posted earlier as well.

I also noticed in your screenshots that the tickmarks are detached
from the axis line; can I assume you are running this on Linux?  If
so, I guess this problem is not specific to OSX and I can fix it in
the code.

Jason