[kde-edu]: dictionary for Kiten

Joseph Kerian jkerian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:57:52 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, Ronald <stroet43 at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Kiten is developed for to learn Japanese.
> But it is also possible to attach an other dictionary, like
> Chinese-English.
> If I can not find a suitable dictionary, I have to build my own.
> For this I need information which fields this dictionary (which is used by
> Kiten) has and how this fields look like.
> I could not find information about the construction of the dictionary for
> Kiten on the site of KDE.ORG
> Can someone tell me more about it?

Sure! Kiten uses the EDICT format for it's dictionaries. Documentation
on this can be found at Jim Breen's page at
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/j_edict.html . He tends to put
links to different EDICT-formatted dictionaries on his personal
japanese
page at http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/japanese.html .

Regards,
Joe Kerian