[kde-edu]: Maintainers

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Nov 10 18:08:52 CET 2006

Hi all edu people,

In order to get started for KDE4 (well, KmPlot, Kalzium and KStars started
very well already), we need to do like kdegames did and try to get new people
coming to help developing edu programs,
I listed the programs names here
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE-Edu+maintainers
and maintainers I was sure of.
Please correct this page and add your name if you are currently maintaining or
if you will maintain it for KDE4.

We need new developers, designers, artists, testers, ... If you think you have
some time to help KDE-Edu, no matter if you don't code C++, you will find a
task for you. Just answer this list and state what you like to do!
If you are a developer and want to start something from scratch, here is a
list of ideas from Skolelinux
http://wiki.skolelinux.de/LernSoftware/Desiderata#English

The main things I see for now:
- KEduca is not maintained and is not in KDE4. Keduca was a test builder
application and was liked very much by users. Being too broken, it could not
stay but it would be nice to see it again or a similar one.
- Artist work: Kalzium needs a set of icons to represent each element. I think
it should be on Oxygen theme but see Carsten for more info.
Other artist work will be needed. We should switch from png/jpeg to native svg
for apps that need for example a background. Here as well all default themes
could be Oxygen-based so KDE-Edu will be very consistent with the rest of
KDE.

Of course there are many other things that needs to be done. Docs, website
updates, tests, re-design,...
Refeer to
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE-edu+Akademy+2006+BOF+Notes
and http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE-Edu+%40+aKademy+2006