[kde-edu]: kvoctrain: untranslatable strings in GUI

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Nov 6 17:19:44 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 22:03 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Divendres 03 Novembre 2006 21:32, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found some untranslatable strings in kvoctrain GUI in branch.
> >
> > $ grep -r "#define.*I18N_NOOP(" kdeedu/kvoctrain/ |grep -v "/.svn" shows
> > them all.
> >
> > Seems to be a very old bug:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-edu-devel&m=110120593506225&w=2
> >
> > I grepped all modules in branch for "#define.*I18N_NOOP(", found some in
> > kdebase/kcontrol/kfontinst/, kdegraphics and kanagramm, but none of the
> > strings are in l10n/messages, so I guessed, that this is a kde-wide bug
> > and not only a wrong messages: target in kvoctrain's Makefile.
> >
> > So i added two missing files to the i18n_files list in Makefile.am and
> > extracted the messages with an unpatched xgettext and with the
> > kde-xgettext Scripty is using.
>
> May it be because you miss -kI18N_NOOP on Makefile.am ?

No, I extracted the messages in the same way Scripty does:

$: make -f admin/Makefile.common package-messages

The real job is done in l10n/scripts/admin/cvs.sh and there you find:

XGETTEXT="${XGETTEXT:-xgettext} --foreign-user -C -ci18n -ki18n -ktr2i18n -kI18N_NOOP -kI18N_NOOP2 ....

So no missing 18N_NOOP in Makefile.am

Burkhard Lück