[kde-edu]: Sugg: Framework for Science Meters

Eike Welk eike.welk at post.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 25 00:40:23 CET 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 18:10, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> I guess Ruby and Python are the two languages of choice for that
> kind of stuff. And both have excellent Qt-bindings.

Yes, I completely agree with you!

As a starting point however, we should look at existing techniques for
the task. Classical imperative languages seem not very elegant for
this task. This seems why these graphical approaches like Labview
exist. Also the IEC 1131-3 or DIN 19239 standards contain graphical
and imperative non graphical languages, that can be mixed.

Does anybody on this list have experience with Matlab - Simulink for
data acquisition, control and graphical display? As I understand it
Simulink is a graph drawing program, that generates Matlab programs.

Eike.