[kde-edu]: Kig help needed! Don't know what do demo...

Maurizio Paolini paolini at dmf.unicatt.it
Tue Jan 24 21:28:07 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 06:11:43PM +0100, Carsten Niehaus wrote:

> Ok, on Saturday I have to demo Kig in front of perhaps 40 people. It would be
> really good if you could tell me what to demo, I have no idea what is
> important and what not...

As promised I uploaded my recent kig presentation.  It can be found
at 'http://dmf.unicatt.it/~paolini/conferenze/vicenza2005/'.  As I said
it is in italian; on request I could give a quick english translation.
The examples were constructed using a recent version of kig (the
"branches/kig/post-kde-3.5/kig" svn branch), however most of them
work well with the kde 3.5 version.

A few notes:

- first example: move the point at the right angle
- second example: "pull" the point labelled "tira"
- third example: change the length of the segment by moving an end-point
- cubic example: move any one of the defining points
- "tree" example: move one of the marked points; this is one of the four
  kig examples obtained with a pykig script.  The originating scripts
  can be downloaded following the links in the starting page of the
  presentation
- The "heptagonal tessellation" does not work with the kde 3.5 kig version
- the "ipocapra.kig" file requires a macro to be installed (hyperbolic
  segments in the Poincare' half-plane model).  This macro can be downloaded
  from 'http://dmf.unicatt.it/~paolini/conferenze/vicenza2005/hyperbolicsegment.kigt';
  also it seems that this example does not work if opened as a kigpart preview and
  should be opened by selecting "open with Kig" (right-click on the figure)