[kde-edu]: kig: trace of a point and macro argument prompts

Davide G. M. Salvetti salve at debian.org
Sun Jan 22 17:57:08 CET 2006

Hi all!

I'm a new user of kig, and I like it a lot: a big thank to its
developers!

I would like to ask for a couple of things:

  - Is it possible to enable the "trace" of a point, so that when it is
    dynamically moved it draws its path across the screen?  (I see one
    can draw locuses, which is very very nice, but this is not what I'm
    referring to.)

  - Is it possible to have macros prompt the user with arbitrary strings
    when asking for their arguments (e.g., "input the first point of the
    segment you want to divide by the golden ratio")?  The wizard does
    not ask for them to be input, but I see builtin macros like
    "circle_by_center_and_line.kigt" have "<UseText>" and
    "<SelectStatement>"; I seem to be unable to do the same, however: if
    I write (like in Emacs) a .kigt using these tags and then import it,
    the tags are but ignored.

I'm still exploring kig, so maybe I just missed the way to do these
things; otherwise, please consider this mail as a wishlist request. :-)

--
Cheers, Davide