[kde-edu]: Volunteer for small kde-edu promotion task

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 25 18:43:31 CEST 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 9:39, you wrote:
> There he mentions a high search engine ranked page dedicated to schools and
> Open Source and he highlights the non-presency of kde-edu programs on that
> list.

or any apps for that matter. it's a brand new site, less than 2 months old,
but will be getting a lot of attention from the OSS educational crowd.

> So we are looking for a person to go to
> http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Programs and fill the appropiate parts
> with descriptions of kde-edu programs.
>
> It is not really a difficult task as most the descriptions can probably be
> got from http://edu.kde.org/ pages.

there's also room there for a lot of general purpose, but school appropriate,
kde apps too such as web browsers, graphics apps and email/calendaring =)

if you do go and add to these lists, you may wish to add a short sentence
(keep it brief; people appreciate that too =) noting the benefits of the app.

btw, i've been working with the LTSP people who are very happy KDE "customers"
even though the devs themselves are primarily GNOME users .. they like KDE a
lot and find the KDE edu apps invaluable and central to their offerings.
let's keep the KDE brand alive and central in their world =)

p.s.: Albert, thanks for forwarding the msg on to appropriate places... =))

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness