[kde-edu]: Switching to cmake

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Fri Apr 21 22:13:43 CEST 2006

Hello dear edu developers,

basically, almost all of kdeedu now is ported to cmake, both configure tests
and compiling part. As maintaining two build system is not a trivial task,
especially if one is dead for kdelibs (yes, kdelibs doesn't compile anymore
with unsermake), I'd like to switch soon to cmake.
Switching to cmake means:
a) copy a stub Makefile.cvs instead of the actual, so you'll get ann error
message if you try to compile with unsermake
b) declare every autostuff (makefile.am, configure.in.in, configure.in.bot)
deprecated, and every change to a file of the cmake build system shouldn't be
done to them
c) as soon as an application works fine with cmake (ie its configure checks
are ok, compiles and builds fine), its maintainer(s) will remove its
autostuff from its sources

The only two "issues" I'm aware of are:
- Kalzium: the ocaml solver still is disabled, as it needs custom cmake macros
to support the ocaml compilation. That is not a real issue, at the custom
Makefile that did the work in the 3.5 branch is not supported by unsermake,
so it was always disabled with kde4.
- KStars: I don't know what is the current state of KStarts about the
compilation with cmake and about the configure checks. If anyone of the
KStart team (Jason? ;) ) could explain it, it'd be fine.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

--
Pino Toscano