[kde-edu]: forward message

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 12 00:38:29 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 09:05 +0200, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> On Friday, 9. September 2005 06:07 am, Shelagh Manton wrote:
> > 1. A simple database where dates and interesting snippets of historical
> > information can be entered. I envisioned this as a cardfile style
> > interface because that is easy for children to understand. Each timeline
> > would be one pack of cards. Then, this could be printed out (on screen
> > or on paper) as a time line.
>
> Infact, Kalzium does have a timeline. But this is exactly what we would love
> to add in a future version. Our timeline would display "chemical events" like
>
> 1917: Marie Curie got the Nobel Prize for ...
>
> This project would definetly help Kalzium.
>
> Carsten
This heartens me. Even if it is not taken up by someone else, I will try
to get something together. Perhaps just a gui to begin with, but my
programming skills are minimal. (eg first qt tutorial and first couple
of chapters of Teach yourself C)

However, if someone would find it useful. I will keep working through
the tutorials.

Shelagh