[kde-edu]: FW: kde edutainment project suggestion...

Joshua Keel jkeel546 at students.bju.edu
Fri Sep 9 15:33:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Friday 09 September 2005 09:24 am, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> It is a really easy to do game, the problem with this is how do you control
> the words are valid? Using aspell/ispell/hspell/kspell? Using a built-in
> list of words?

Using a built-in list seems like a very bad option. Those words would have to
be maintained and translated, and to make the game playable, it would take
hundreds, if not thousands of words. If it's technically possible, using a
pre-made dictionary seems like the best way to go.

By the way, are there not already several Scrabble versions (such as
XScrabble) available for Unix operating systems? If so, why write yet
another? Of course, it's always nice to have something written specifically
for Qt/KDE, but we can't go around rewriting every piece of software ever
written, can we?

--
Joshua Keel
Code is poetry.