[kde-edu]: KTouch -> making it better for KDE 4

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Tue Nov 1 14:46:10 CET 2005

Am Montag 31 Oktober 2005 19:47 schrieb Carsten Niehaus:
> All of your ideas are good. And I agree that the keyboard-format is
> not good and KTouch needs a new editor.
>
> What about
>
> http://www.neuber.com/schreibtrainer/image/auswertung.gif
>
> Not really a good graphic but perhaps you get an idea from it?

Hi Carsten,
hi Andreas!

good point. How about having a "hit rate" for every single key in order
to know what letters to train? I could imagine a diagram of a keyboard
where the brightness of the key corresponds to the error rate if you
know what  I mean...

Additionally I fancy "ringing" keys with individual sounds / pitches per
key to use the auditive channel for learning as well. At least some
music and/or fancy sounds at every end of the line.

I consider it important to support the easiest way to exchange lections
and texts. This could include
 - import ascii text as a lection (or even other formats, wikibooks...),
  (this way one could memorize texts by typing)
 - deliver sample lections on a central server (like Keduca -
   or via Newhotstuff)
- allow dictates by reading texts aloud (like text2speech).

"Etudes" like "fff f ff ff ff" are very constructed - and to me they are
hardly to pass (even though I type real texts quite fast). One could
imagine some "cheaty" modes like
- allow backspace
- ignore whitespace
- cheat key: pressing escape skips current line...

Regards
Ralf