[kde-edu]: KNewStuff help

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon May 30 20:50:23 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 30. Mai 2005 20:17 schrieb Peter Hedlund:
> I'm trying to implement KNewStuff for KVocTrain (and KWordQuiz).

Nice!

> The problem is that although the providers.xml file is found and parsed,
> the payload from kvtml.xml is not shown in the user interface dialog.
> Everything works when I connect to the KHangman provider file so I guess
> there is something wrong in my xml but I can't see what it is.

Try to run the following:
	khotnewstuff http://edu.kde.org/kvoctrain/providers.xml
Does this work? You might have set a wrong filter type in your application.
This can be tested with the --type option to khotnewstuff.
In your kvtnewstuff.cpp file, it looks like only "kvoctrain" is given but in
the file there's "kdeedu/vocabularies".

I haven't checked out kdeedu yet from SVN but as we speak of it I do, so maybe
it helps to find it out already.

Josef