[kde-edu]: LinuxTag::Wikepedia

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 29 15:58:45 CEST 2005

Carsten Niehaus ha scritto:
> On Wednesday, 29. June 2005 15:43, Pino Toscano wrote:
>
>>I'd like to see those method too, if they could be considered useful:
>
> KDELIBS should use the language-specific stuff internally. Your kde always has
> a list of default languages with english as fallback if nothing works. That
> should be used.
> Those methods need to be in kdelibs for internal use, yes.

Yes, but could be exposed for public use, as in wikipedia there's the
left panel "Other languages". Take for example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics
as you can see by the links in that panel, its name change from language
to language, so an application could do fine-tuning for the language, or
propose links to other wikipedias (especially to the english one) to
have more complete articles.
For example, the Japanise pages for mangas are extremely nice :D

Cheers,

--
Pino Toscano