[kde-edu]: LinuxTag::Wikepedia

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Sun Jun 26 13:46:34 CEST 2005

On Sunday, 26. June 2005 12:49, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2005 12:26, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Maybe a method to ask which DocumentTypes are available for a given
> existing article?
> I can imagine that there are situation where one would prefer one type but
> could also extract at least a subset of the information form others.

Well, the wikipedia is only written in wikitext. This means that wikitext is
always the "native" format. Either kdelibs will have wikitext-to-html and
wikitext-to-xml converter or the wikipedia-server will provide this. In any
case, all three formats should be possible.

> > * return the users who modified an article. This is needed because the
> >   GNU-FDL requires that you name all contributors of an article. I
> > suggest that we don't display them in a text but have "Author"-Buttons.
> > -- QString articleAuthors( const QString& articlename )
>
> Maybe using QValueList<KAboutPerson> as the return value type?

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Brom&action=history

As you can see there is not exactly  a lot information about the authors. I
don't think KAboutPerson will work.

Carsten