[kde-edu]: Further development of kde-edu/Open jobs page

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Jun 20 20:30:28 CEST 2005

Michael Goettsche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've had a discussion in #kde-edu how we can assure that all kde-edu apps are
> maintained and actively developed. Our idea is to set up a "Open Jobs" page
> for coordinating ourselves and for attracting new developers.
Good idea

We always welcome more people on the KStars team.

Open coding tasks:
+ KStars screensaver (wish #66177; pretty big job)
+ Occultation/Eclipse predictor tool (wish #68529)
+ Add contours for large Nebulae (wish #77748)
+ Add GPS location support (wish #95448)
+ XPlanet plugin (wish #95037; good Junior Job)
+ Add option to show infoboxes on print (wish #97135; good JJ)
+ Add Zoom buttons to Solar System viewer (wish #100873; good JJ)
+ Add "Recently Found Objects" submenu to Pointing menu (wish #105132;
good JJ)
+ Ability to "cache" all internet images on local HD (wish #107068)
+ Jupiter Moons tool; make time axis show dates; show moons at t0.
+ Add more planet's moons
+ Almanac tool
+ DCOP functions to report data (focus position, focus object,
simulation date, etc)

Open non-coding tasks:
+ New icons for View toolbar?
+ Set of default thumbnail images for the new Details window.
+ Testing of experimental telescope and CCD drivers
+ Catalog of stars with extrasolar planets
+ Add missing data in NGC/IC catalog (mostly object magnitudes, angular
sizes, and common names)
+ Expand list of internet links in popup menus

People shouldn't feel limited to this list, of course.  If they have a
kstars-related itch, we definitely encourage scratching!

Jason