[kde-edu]: moving branches/kde4/kdeedu

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Jun 16 15:02:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

The kde-edu developers have decided that we would like kdeedu
temporarily removed from branches/work/kde4.  We are still working
toward the 3.5 release, and we simply don't have time to maintain two
branches.

It is our plan to continue working on kde-3.5 until at least the feature
freeze (plus time to work out bugs for that release), and only then to
start porting our apps to Qt4.  This job will be difficult if the kde4
branch has diverged a lot from the kde-3.5 code; hence, we want to
isolate our apps from further qt4 porting at this time.

Is it appropriate to ask sysadmin to move the directory for us?  I
understand that it is possible to create a new branch ourselves, but
none of us really knows exactly how to do it.  I suggest a branch like
branches/work/kdeedu4.

Thanks in advance,

Jason (on behalf of the kde-edu developers)