[kde-edu]: LinuxTag next week and aKademy in August/September

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Jun 13 19:57:55 CEST 2005

On June 13, 2005 09:23 pm, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I will be on the LinuxTag in Karlsruhe next week for at least 3 days and
> also in Malaga/Spain for the aKademy 2005. I will arrive on Aug. 31 and
> leave on Sep. 4 2005.
When is LinuxTag?
Maybe I could do a presentation which would features the main Edu programs
like the one on the website.
You could have a machine that could run it as a slide show in a loop.
What do you think?

> As I will be the representative of kdeedu and not only of Kalzium I would
> like to get in touch with everyone beforehand.

Maybe apps like Kig and KmPlot could send you a short New Features resume.

I'll do it for KHangMan and KLettres.

> If you want me to know things about your project, your ideas, yourself:
> Please answer to this mail in privat or in public. My current state is that
> I only really know KStars as I love it. The other apps I do not really
> know. I will test all of them (svn-trunk) in the next couple of days, of
> course. But it would be very nice to point to things I should show to the
> "clients" on the LinuxTag.
>
> My personal baby is of course Kalzium. I really care about it and a lot
> development happend in it, not only because of me, but also because of
> (mostly) Pino but also because of Martin, Inwa and others. Please don't
> shoot me if I will overrepresent it in Karlsruhe :-)
yes, get people feedback! This is very nice for Kalzium as it's in heavy
development and getting very nice.
> It would be really good if you would commit all cool features really soon
> now and also update edu.kde.org/$YOURAPPLICATION
I sent a private mail this morning to Andras about KTouch as I'd like to merge
the changes. KTouch is very used and people would like to see the new
features.
> Ok,
>
>   Carsten
Great, thanks a lot,