[kde-edu]: LinuxTag next week and aKademy in August/September

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Jun 13 23:40:05 CEST 2005

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I will be on the LinuxTag in Karlsruhe next week for at least 3 days and also
> in Malaga/Spain for the aKademy 2005. I will arrive on Aug. 31 and leave on
> Sep. 4 2005.
I, for one, am jealous :)

> As I will be the representative of kdeedu and not only of Kalzium I would like
> to get in touch with everyone beforehand.

Great, thanks for posting this.  Will you be giving a kdeedu
presentation at Akademy or LinuxTag?

> If you want me to know things about your project, your ideas, yourself: Please
> answer to this mail in privat or in public. My current state is that I only
> really know KStars as I love it. The other apps I do not really know. I will
> test all of them (svn-trunk) in the next couple of days, of course. But it
> would be very nice to point to things I should show to the "clients" on the
> LinuxTag.

Well, I guess you already know about kstars, but be sure to mention our
extremely robust telescope and camera control features that Jasem and
others have been hard at work on.  Other recent developments include the
Observing List tool, and a Custom Catalog tool that actually works.

There's also been some work recently on making the child-focused apps
more friendly to use for children, and to making sure these features are
widely available to edu developers.  Maybe someone who's been involved
with this could expand on it for Carsten?

have fun,
Jason