[kde-edu]: Your help sought for finding Linux software for disabled students.

Cary ceo at adatech.org
Sat Jan 22 02:14:41 CET 2005

Hello -

Boy, I have been searching ALL around to find appropriate educational
software for Linux. I almost have resorted to MS OS or MAC, the VERY
expensive alternative. I am attempting to build partnerships and
effective collaborations n my community, specifically geared towards
the
severely disabled students.

Currently, I have been working and making in-roads with a middle school
and the Administration of the Public school system wants me to be on
their
Technological and Educational committee. I know how effective
technology can be to enhance and supplement a core curriculum.

I want to know that if I choose to put MONEY into a pilot project of
Linux server with 3 to 5 thin-client stations were should I go to look
for educational software regarding READING INTERVENTION for 5th and 6th
graders but who have 2nd grade skills because of low cognitive skills
etc.
View here to get a better idea; http://adatech.org/DaleySchool/1.html

How can you help me find appropriate software ? Can you advise me on
a small purchase of 1 server, 3 to 5 clients? Also, DO NOT hesitate to
e-mail me.
I patiently await your professional and prompt response.

Cary

This message has been scanned virus free using
Virex 7.2 on MAC OS X

Cary L. Renault, M.Sc.
35 Seventh Street
Lowell, MA 01850-2153

ADA
Technology
Corporation
http://ADAtech.org/web-presentation
e-mail:  ceo at ADAtech.org
or
crenault at brave.cs.uml.edu

voice/fax    :  978.937.5170
  UML/CSL :  978.934.4350
      cell       :  508.864.7367
A.D.A.       :  800.514.0301

Motto:
A disability is the ONLY group where anyone can become a member but
nobody wants to join!

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but my chief duty is to
accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.  The world
is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also
by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker." HELEN
KELLER

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read
and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."
-- Alvin Toffler