[kde-edu]: generating word lists for kwordquiz from kgeography-data

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Wed Jan 12 21:36:10 CET 2005

Hi,

CPH wrote:
> Hi,
>   Is it a reasonable suggestion for kwordquiz to use the data from kgeography
> (i.e. city/region) ?
> I think that it could be generated thru a "simple" XSLT or python script,
> either during startup or when given a kgeography file ( .kgm ).

With a XSLT it should be possible to present the .kgm file in a
two-column table. You can then copy and paste that into KWordQuiz.

File a wishlist item if you want KWordQuiz to have the ability to import
.kgm-files. However, this will probably not happen before KGeography is
in kdeedu.

> Another good idea for kwordquiz is to be able to give it a command line
> argument so that it starts in non-edit mode, e.g.
> kwordquiz --flash file://usr/share/kwordquiz/us_states.kvtml
> 	# start in "flashcard" mode with the us_states word quiz
> kwordquiz --flash file://usr/share/kwordquiz/ file://home/teacher/kwordquizes
> 	 # start and show the "student" only the available files in the directories
>
> This should allow the setup of a desktop icon for the student which works
> quite nicely.

Command line arguments are on my todo list. It's to late to add features
for 3.4, but something like this will be in 4.0. Please file a wishlist
item so it's not forgotten and so that others will have the ability to
vote for it.

Thanks,
Peter