[kde-edu]: deb for new release of kmessedword ?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Jan 12 21:16:37 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 12:39 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> This is only a mock-up from an artist and it's not implemented (yet). We
> are not sure on how this might be done to be frank (on the coding side).
> Cheers,

The mockup looks really nice.  I think it should be doable.  If you have the
"chalk" font, it would be much easier.  In that case, you can just draw the
text onto the chalkboard background, very similar to how it's done now.  The
only tricky part is that you'd want "(reveal word)" to be a clickable area,
and probably the "try" box as well (unless you want to do a regular
KPushButton for that).  Actually, I might argue for getting rid of the Try
button in favor of just pressing Enter in the Edit Box.

The "clickable area" can be done with the background widget's
mousePressEvent(); just check if the position of the mouse click is within a
QRect which bounds the clickable area(s).

Will the file cabinet drawers also be clickable?  If so, you can do a similar
thing for those, although it would be slightly more complicated, because
you'd want to overlay a "drawer open" pixmap...

I'd be willing to help out with the coding of this.  Is there a "background"
template of the mockup, with just a blank chalkboard and all drawers closed?

Jason