[kde-edu]: deb for new release of kmessedword ?

cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) cobaco at skolelinux.no
Wed Jan 12 16:28:37 CET 2005

Hi all

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 15:49, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> But in general, I would like to see Skolelinux with KDE-Edu packages
> which is not the case. They'll be based on unstable for the next release
> so maybe that'll do it.

regarding Skolelinux:
- Skolelinux is currently based on Debian stable, which currently means KDE
2.2 by default, and hence a very old kde-edu (though it _is_ there [1])
- When sarge releases Debian stable will contain KDE 3.3.2, and so will
Skolelinux
- The reason we're based on stable is security support. There is a
testing-security team in the works (headed by Joey Hess, who is sponsered
by the Norwegian Skolelinux Branch to do this). Once security updates for
testing are supported by debian (it's one of the things holding up the next
release) Skolelinux will move to be based on testing, thus avoiding having
to use extremely old versions of KDE.

-> we do include KDE-edu, it's just currently an old, fairly limited
version.
-> including newer versions is coming, and hopefully we won't ever be so far
behind again.

Hope this clears things up a bit, and do keep up the good work.

[1]
http://developer.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/skolelinux/src/task-skolelinux/lists/workstation.txt
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):