[kde-edu]: deb for new release of kmessedword ?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jan 12 15:14:18 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 14:03, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Le Janvier 12, 2005 07:53 AM, CPH a écrit :
> > Anyone have a deb of the new kmessedwords version available ?
> > (It looks really good).
>
> Not that I am aware of. Please could you ask the Debian project of that
> wish? That would stress the importance of KDE-Edu to Debian people.
> Now Skolelinux is based on Debian and, due to Debian slowness to package,
> few KDE-Edu packages make it to Skolelinux. This MUST change!

It really depends what one means with "Debian"
Usually new KDE releases appear pretty fast in the Debian package repositories
for Unstable and often also Testing.
I know that the most recent version is currently only 3.3.1 not 3.3.2 but as
Testing is in a phase similar to our feature freeze, the packagers are
currently occupied by sorting out all kind of migration problems a Debian
Stable user might have when Testing becomes the new Stable.

For people that want to get bleeding edge KDE there are usually even KDE CVS
packages built by some people, sometimes by KDE developers who use Debian.

Is the KDE 3.3.1 release of KMessedWords and 3.3.2 really that different?

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>