[kde-edu]: Fwd: Framework Webpage! Join the fun!

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Feb 7 18:26:47 CET 2005

On February 7, 2005 12:11 pm, CPH wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 12:34, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > But if you load KDE apps anyway, meaning you also load the KDE libs, do
> > you really save so much compared to starting KDE?
>
> For example I kicker, kwin, dcopserver, klauncher, kded, artsd, ksmserver,
> and kdesktop are not needed. Actually I'm interested to know why the kdeedu
> packages need kbuildsyscoca running and if they can be run without it (or
> would that improve the startup time ?)
I am not sure about not needing qrtsd for running kdeedu apps. Try KLettres
without it please and tell me if it works or not, thanks.

Anne-Marie

About apps starting in full screen mode, i am not sure it's a good idea
considering the high resolution monitor people have at home. It does not
render well in most cases, like KHangMan.