[kde-edu]: First edu meeting

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Aug 29 21:27:38 CEST 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 17:21, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> You can find the summary at
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=28%20August%20meeting
>
> Albert

Thanks a lot!!! A very nice transcript.

About free content: one thing that Richard Stallman says should be free is
edu-related material like courses, content, .... (I recently went to one of
his talks and as a parent whose kids are meant to use Photoshop and
Illustrator and thus buy those in order to do the homework, I can tell you
that at the start of a new school year, I feel pretty bad about educational
tools which are not free).
The difficulty right now is to find free data (other than the one we can build
ourselves). Wikipedia is of course something that's going to help in that
matter.
The other difficulty is to offer a software tool adapted to all countries,
Europe, America, Asia....

But the meeting was very productive, I am very impressed. I encourage everyone
to read the transcript and either to add notes on the page with his/her ideas
or to share them on the list.
Thanks to all the participants, especially to Albert who put the resume
together!
Thanks to Meduxa and SkoleLinux for working along with us!

Anne-Marie