[kde-edu]: Kmplot Compiling

Andrei Stoian painkiller at bluezone.no
Tue Apr 5 21:42:50 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm new to developing for KDE and I want to contribute to Kmplot. Mostly
I want to add some features I'd like, for example error bars, plotting
points, inserting best fit lines into these, features to make it similar
to Graph (www.padowan.dk) and even better. So instead of starting a new
project I think Kmplot is a good starting basis for what I aim for.

I've checked out the CVS for the kdeedu module and i've ran ./configure.
Next I created a project in KDevelop from the makefile in kdeedu/kmplot
and compiled it. It worked fine, but when running it it gives an error:
"Cannot load Kmplot's part". The library it's trying to load lib
"libkmplotpart" is not on my system and I don't know how to get it. I've
tried searching for it in the apt repositories but it's not there. How
can i build that library or get it for my MEPIS(debian)/KDE 3.3 desktop?

Best Regards,
Andrei