[kde-edu]: Re: www/areas/edu

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 01:20:30 CEST 2004

On 24 September 2004 18:14, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> Em Sex 24 Set 2004 10:27, Anne-Marie Mahfouf escreveu:
> > For KEduca, the main feature would be to encrypt the xml file so that
> > pupils cannot read the answers. Porting to current kdelibs would also be
> > required.
>
> What kind of "encryption" would it be needed? I might be wrong, but I think
> there would be no need for something stronger than qCompress/qUncompress
> (oh, and also a password stored in the XML file so that the editor can
> refuse to open it without that password.
yes, nothing too strong, just to prevent the users (pupils) to sneak to get
the answers.  Giving the possibility to upload data might be also a good TODO
(maybe switch from the current webbased system to KNewStuff). Just ideas.
Going through the bugs reports may also give you some ideas about what users
want with it.
Cheers,

Anne-Marie