[kde-edu]: kvoctrain: rudimentary keyboard layout switching patch

Felix Berger bflat1 at gmx.net
Fri Sep 3 22:37:14 CEST 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 21:54, Peter Hedlund wrote:
> This is very interesting. I've been wanting to have this also for
> KWordQuiz. What happens if layouts are not activated in kxkb?

If layouts are not activated, i.e kxkb is not running while kvoctrain is used,
the combobox is simply deactivated. Tooltips and help entries could and
should explain its purpose, of course.

> Does this
> introduce a dependence on kdebase?

Communication is done via dcop, the calls to dcop will silently fail if kxkb
is not running. Thus there is no need to link against additional libraries.

> Unfortunately I won't be able to test this right now. In fact, I'll not
> be able to do any development for the next three weeks, but after that
> I'll certainly be interested in testing and work on the completion of
> this important addition to KVocTrain.

Cool, though I think this will take quite some time, since we have to touch
most input code, especially the randomquery code looked very daunting. I
wanted to implement teh new feature there first but refrained from doing so
very soon.

Cheers,
Felix

--