[kde-edu]: Added test cases for KBruch; I need automake help!!!

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Tue May 25 20:03:09 CEST 2004

Hi folks,

some minutes ago I added some test cases for KBruch to CVS
(kdeedu/kbruch/testcases/). The test cases are boost based. They already
helped me to find a bug in my prime number handling!

I also added a small README file describing how to run the tests.
Nevertheless, one information is missing. You have to edit
kbruch/Makefile.am and add the directory testcases/ to the subdirs, so the
line must look like:

SUBDIRS = src testcases

I have not committed this change, because if I add this line and do a

make install

the test program (kbruch/testcases/kbruch_test) gets installed on the
system as well. How can I mark this program to not get installed?

It would be even better, if the test cases are only built by a Makefile
target, let's say:

make test

or something like that. How can I do that?

And there is another problem. I described this in the README file as well. I
need to find a better way to add the boost lib to the library list for
linking. I think at the configure step it has to check for the library and
add it (only for kbruch_test) to the ld libraries. How can I do this? Ok, I
might have a look at the boost stuff used by kig...

I hope you can help fixing the Makefile problems, test cases are really
great stuff!

Sebastian
--
KBruch:  application to automatically generate tasks with fractions
Package: KDE Edu in KDE 3.2 (http://edu.kde.org/kbruch/)