[kde-edu]: KStars and KNewStuff

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu May 20 21:01:39 CEST 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 11:58 am, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi
>
> <information> I am using gcc 3.4 so that maybe triggers the error of
> compilation I have told you about.
>
> So I am having a look again at KStars New Stuff.
> I have the dialog, and it installs everything in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kstars

Oh, so you got it working!  Thanks.

> Is it then used immediately by KStars? I don't know as I am not familiar
> with KStars code...

No, not yet, I wanted to get this part working first.

> I made the KSNewStuff object a pointer and corrected the kstarsrc file,
> that's all :)

Hmm, I guess it was the pointer?

BTW, is there any way to tell what file has been retrieved by KNewStuff?  From
what I could tell in KHangman, you have a single data-processing command that
parses whatever was downloaded.  I would like to do different things
depending on what was retrieved.  Is it possible?

thanks again,
Jason