[kde-edu]: Importing KWordQuiz

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue May 4 16:51:09 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 14:07, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> As this week I have a bit more time, I am going to ask a sysadmin to move
> KWordQuiz in kdeedu and to move flashkard out.
> Any objections?

I still have a couple of issues with the interface.  (Though I'm not opposed
to the move this week -- this just reminded me.)

*) It's not possible to "combine sets" by opening multiple files at once.
This should be pretty easy and is something that FlashKard could always do.

*) The default GUI layout looks pretty cluttered.  I think something like this
would probably help: http://ktown.kde.org/~wheeler/images/kwordquiz.png  I
don't think it makes sense to have the special characters toolbar enabled
before the user has configured special characters (or at least they should
default to stuff that isn't on pretty much every keyboard in the world).

*) The mode descriptions don't really make any sense.  "Column 2 <-> 1
Randomly" doesn't really say much.

*) A progress bar would be nice.

*) In multiple choice mode it's strange interactively for there to not at
least be a small delay between clicking on a radio button and continuing.
Either those should be switched to buttons (where the user expects an
immediate responce) or a small delay should be used (maybe one second with a
QTimer::singleShot()).

-Scott
--
Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe.
--Frank Zappa