[kde-edu]: KLatin

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Mon Jun 14 17:42:11 CEST 2004

Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On June 13, 2004 02:14 pm, Peter Hedlund wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm in the process of compiling KDE cvs after having upgraded my computer
>>to Mandrake 10.0.
>>
>>I noticed that KLatin looks for libGL.la in /usr/lib whereas it's installed
>>in /usr/X11R6/lib on my machine.
>
> I am also in Mandrake 10 and have no problem. What exactly is the error
> message? Where does it come from?
> KLatin does not need libGL at all in fact.

That's what I thought. The error appeared when linking. I'm not on that
machine now, but I think it was that libtool can't find libGL.la in
/usr/lib.

Are you using a 2.4 or 2.6 kernel? I had problems installing and using
the Nvidia driver on the 2.6 kernel (couldn't start a second X session)
so I reverted to the XFree nv driver. Maybe I messed something up. But
qt-copy, kdelibs, kdebase, kdesdk, and kdevelop all from cvs all
compiled and installed fine.

Peter