[kde-edu]: KDE-Edu icons - Artist needed

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sun Jan 11 16:27:18 CET 2004

Am Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2004 22:55 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> On January 08, 2004 04:28 pm, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [040108 22:20]:
> > > application icons (it is not clear at the moment where the svg file
> > > should be committed in cvs).
> > >
> > > From the svg file, the png icons in all format will be easily derived
> > > (with maybe a bit of work for 16x16).
> >
> > What svg app could I use to create SVG files?
> >
> > Steinchen
>
>  I think sodipodi is one. I don't know if there are others though.
The problem with sodipodi is that it does not render shadows - and many icons
need shadows. I wanted to give the KEduca icon a quick shot since it is
rather simple, but I do not know any Linux tool which could be used to create
it as SVG :-(  We really need Adobe to put out Illustrator/Linux and make it
available freely ;-)

Klas