[kde-edu]: KVocTrain

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 17:05:49 CET 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 16:46, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Cornelius Schumacher writes:
> >
> > You can't move knewstuff from kdepim to kdelibs right now, because
> > kdepim HEAD has to compile with kdelibs 3.2.
> >
> > Is it a problem to temporarily have the dependency of kdeedu on
> > kdepim?
>
> Yes, because that's fixing the wrong problem.  If other modules want
> to use KNewStuff too, we can't make everything depend on kdepim.

This is not meant as solution, but as temporary workaround. If you want to use
KNewStuff, does it really matter, if you check it out from kdelibs or kdepim?
Hey, it's the bleeding edge. I'm not talking about released code, there a
dependency on kdepim clearly isn't acceptable.

> > Before the next kdeedu release we can see how to solve the problem.
>
> I suggest you do what kdevelop did when kmdi moved to kdelibs, what
> kopete does for a lot of its code moving to kdelibs etc, that is: keep
> a copy of the stuff around, that is only used when compiling against
> pre-3.3.

Having two copies of the same code in CVS always is a bad idea.