[kde-edu]: KVocTrain

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Feb 24 14:11:24 CET 2004

On February 24, 2004 07:49 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2004 13:14, Josef Spillner wrote:
> > Em Ter 24 Fev 2004 03:00, Anne-Marie Mahfouf escreveu:
> > > I myself am waiting for KNewStuff to be in kdelibs, I changed my code
> > > locally and I am stuck for KLettres and KHangMan until KNewStuff is in
> > > kdelibs. I hope it'll be soon.
> >
> > I hope there are no objections.
>
> You can't move knewstuff from kdepim to kdelibs right now, because kdepim
> HEAD has to compile with kdelibs 3.2.
Why is that? How long will it take?
> Is it a problem to temporarily have the dependency of kdeedu on kdepim?
> Before the next kdeedu release we can see how to solve the problem.
The next kdeedu release is the next KDE 3.3 release for HEAD. We don't release
separately, we are part of the whole KDE.
So I think it's a problem, yes. That means we'll have to do temporary hacks
and I am against it. As the module maintainer, I am trying to get kdeedu in
the best shape possible for 3.3: cleaning code, trimming data in order to
slim the module, planning for new additions,... Having temporary code around
will not help and could lead to a mess just before the 3.3 release.

What I coded locally related to KNewStuff needs a lot of work and in my humble
opinion it won't be easy to have a nice implementation while KNewStuff is in
kdepim.

I am very disappointed to hear that and I think I will work for our own
KNewStuff code in the kdeedu lib, based on Josef's work.
That way, you can keep your code in kdepim.

Cheers,

annma