kde-edu-devel? (was Re: [kde-edu]: 3.3 planned features)

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Thu Feb 19 12:19:25 CET 2004

Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [040219 11:25]:
> Ok, I'll ask for kde-edu-devel to disappear.
> Is everyone OK about that?

No. I don't know the list of people subscribed to both lists, but I think
that on kde-edu are more people who are just interested in Edu programs in
general like teachers. Of course questions about further development should
be posted to edu-devel. I think we should just state this clearly in some
kind of policy.

Another thing, I don't like the approach that if we have less than X
messages per day, the list might be not good. I think we have a high quality
of discussions on both lists. This is more important than quantity. I'm also
in fear that people will unsubscribe from kde-edu, if development related
issues come up on the list and traffic grows. It is important for us to have
a possibility to get in touch with the user by posting things to kde-edu.
Also, at the moment people don't seem to use the kde-edu list if they have
problems with an kde edu application. Maybe we have to better communicate
the purpose of the list.

A policy could look like:

kde-edu
=======

- users questions
- discussions about problems, where we need user feedback
- polls for new interfaces or icons

kde-edu-devel

- development discussions
- patches, new applications

Steinchen
--
KBruch:  application to automatically generate tasks with fractions
Package: KDE Edu in KDE 3.2 (http://edu.kde.org/kbruch/)