[kde-edu]: 3.3 planned features

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Feb 18 18:34:14 CET 2004

Hi,

Here are some issues I would like to address for 3.3 as we must see what we'll
do for kdeedu.
Please see here
http://edu.kde.org/development/apps_features.php
for updating your TODO and have your planned features written. This page is
generated from the todo.inc on your webpages.

General issues:

Kiten: is there still a maintainer?
KMathTools: is there a mantainer? if not, must go away from the module
KTouch: is it still maintained?
KEduca: is it still maintained?
KMessedWords: no maintainer?

Kalzium and KVerbos are being rewritten by their authors.

KStars and Kig are totally up-to-date, doc, webpages, TODO, everything is well
maintained.  i18n("BRAVO!")

KHangMan and KLettres will be trimmed and will use KNewStuff, I am waiting for
KNewStuff to join kdelibs.

KWordQuiz is likely to replace FlashKard.
KTurtle is likely to get in (it's going to FOSDEM next week-end, we'll get
some feedback from there) (kdenonbeta/kturtle)
What other big changes are we expecting?

There was some asking that QWhatsThis help must be implemented for all progs
so let's do this. Plus some docs are a bit out-of-date.

What I suggest is to list on a different page all tasks that we think should
be done but that we cannot do ourselves for our app(s).
David is working on icons but we can list the ones that still have to be done.
We can list the docs, the WhatsThis, porting to KConfig XT and so on.
I started something here:
http://edu.kde.org/development/open_tasks.php

Thanks for debating on all that and giving your point of view, I am just here
to make suggestions and keep the project up-to-date, I need your full
support :)

Cheers,

annma