[kde-edu]: Kvoctrain - feature request

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Wed Feb 18 01:20:07 CET 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 05:07 am, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On February 17, 2004 12:26 am, anthony kerr wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Kvoctrain every day now to learn 2 languages, Koine Greek and
> > Biblical Hebrew.
> >
> > It is a fantastic program.
> >
> > A feature that would ease my eyestrain and also allow better rendering of
> > Hebrew text is to be able to choose a custom font for the "random query
> > dialog box".
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, that would be quite easy to do, a font dialog is not difficult to
> code. Please could you tell us precisely how you invoke this dialog?

Hi,

Yes, it's a desired feature. Please submit a wishlist item to bugs.kde.org so
that this is not forgotten.

If you are not using any of the advanced features of KVocTrain you can try
using KWordQuiz. KWordQuiz allows you to select a font for the editor and
this font will then also be used in all query views. I would also love to
know how KWordQuiz behaves with Hebrew in general.

To code a font dialog is trivial, it's setting the correct font in all the
correct places that is the work. It then also need to be stored properly.
kvtml does not provide for storing font information, but it can be stored as
a program wide setting.

I have started to look into KVocTrain, but as I said earlier I want to start
from the ground up and learn so don't expect any quick fixes just yet.

Thanks,
Peter