[kde-edu]: Latin Dictionary

George Wright gwright at kde.org
Sat Dec 18 16:30:48 CET 2004

I have been toying with the idea of putting a Latin dictionary in KLatin for a
while. I have access to public domain data files for the dictionary (Latin ->
English) which I have been given permission to use in KLatin. The problem is
that it is a 4.7MB ASCII text file with 30670 entries. There is absolutely no
chance at all of getting this translated I presume (who would want to
translate that amount of data?).

Is it wise to add such a feature to KLatin? I think it would be good because a
dictionary is the most useful resource when studying Latin, and this data can
be used to give lots of information (not just the definition, but also what
part of the verb/noun etc).

--
George Wright, http://www.gwright.org.uk
KDE Developer - http://www.kde.org