[kde-edu]: my little help, if usefull

FERDEBLA FERDEBLA at teleline.es
Thu Aug 12 12:37:56 CEST 2004

I am interested in the kde education project, because I started as a
professional programmer with education software and becasuse now I got
two childs of my own.

The problem is that I don't have time enough to do real work, any how I
find a program that is not GPL that could be interesting to port.  The
applications is call "the clic" and is something like a frakework to do
educational applications. They claim that there are 1152 applications
done with this frame work with 121948 activities.  Most of those
applications, if not all, are public domine done by teachers and educators.

The application is free to use in educational enviroment and for windows
 only, is not GPL so the code is not aviable to port it to linux.  They
are doing a java "player", so kids can use applications prepared with
the windows "editor", to do this the data will be stored in XML so the
port does not seems hard to do.

I think that for the kde education proyect can be interesting to port
this application from scrach or to contact the original programmer to
change the license GPL, at least the "player" so more kids around the
world can benefit from those applications because kde is installed in
far more machines that "the clic" is.

The link to the application:
http://www.xtec.es/recursos/clic/eng/index.htm

I will be glad to help in any way I can, I can not code this by my self
because don't have enough sparse time but I am experience programmer.

Fernando Delgado.