[kde-edu]: Icons for special characters

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Fri Apr 30 18:00:46 CEST 2004

Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> yes, it'll be far better than the icons I made which are only one size and
> quite ugly ;)

I'm glad you like it.

> However, I have some problems to display some Czech characters as c with caron
> and Serbian chars.

How so?

> I don't save the letters in the config file as you do but I currently use the
> charIcon(const QChar & c) method directly in
> KToolBar::insertButton (charIcon('a'),....);
>
> I guess I'll have maybe to set a data file for each language and get the chars
> from it.

Yes, I thought about that, and I think it's a good idea. Then nothing
for any language needs to be hard coded in the program. The author of a
language data set can just provide a string of characters that s/he
thinks should be made available on a toolbar.

> One remark: why the blue color?

I think it blends in better on a toolbar where many other icons usually
have a lot of blue in them. I guess black would be more neutral though.
We should probably be consistent across programs.

Peter