[kde-edu]: KNewStuff HOWTO?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Apr 15 02:01:51 CEST 2004

Hello,

I see that KNewStuff is finally part of kdelibs, and I am eager to start using
it in KStars.  Is there a tutorial or HOWTO for how to use this class?  I
have seen the API docs for it, but it isn't clear how to format data files
for use with KNewStuff.  Is the meta-data for the file (author, version,
description) embedded in the file somehow, or entered separately?  How do I
send files to the server initially?  Do I use the KNewStuff::upload()
function for that?  Do I have to register a "kstars/data" type somehow first?
With whom do I register?

Are these questions answered somewhere already?

thanks,
Jason