[kde-edu]: KVocTrain rewrite - feature list and usecases

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Apr 13 08:46:10 CEST 2004

Dennis Haney writes:

>>> My plan was to save these (picutre/sound) files in the kvtml file
>>> aswell. My plan is then to change the kvtml filetype to be a
>>> collection filetype, like openoffice packs its files as zip
>>> archives holding the pictures/sound etc. as seperat entities in
>>> the file..  My logic is that the user is unlikely to guess (know?)
>>> that there are several files to copy, when (s)he makes a
>>> backup. And it will be difficult to figure out which
>>> (sound/picture) files belong to which kvtml file.
>>>

>> Yes, I'm aware of this problem. Your solution is more complete. I
>> don't know how to create and work with such files, but I guess
>> there is code in KOffice also?

> If I can't find anything, I'll contact Trolltech to hear them if
> they are interested in such a feature...

If you are talking about the code that maintains a zip archive
containing the document together with external data like images and
such, then KOffice has this already, yes: look in koffice/lib/store.
Unfortunately, this code is not usable from kdeedu, because we can't
make kdeedu dependent on KOffice ( due to the broken kde module system
:( )..

cheers
domi