[kde-edu]: Timetableapplication

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 16:49:36 CEST 2003

Am Sonntag, 27. April 2003 15:32 schrieb Carsten Niehaus:
> Hi
>
> I took a closer look at the application and would like to give my opinion:
>
> a) The math behind is _great_. Especially Eva would like that ;)
> b) It would not be to hard to port it to KDE
> c) It is probably not what some people thought it is: You can generate
> timetables for eg a school with a lot teachers. It is not for making a
> timetable for a single student or sth like that
>
> In conclusion: I am not sure if it is well suited for kdeedu but it is
> definetly for kdeextragear (Klas?). I think we could port it to KDE within
Like probably everybody else here I am of course very much in favour of having
this as a real KDE application and as part of the KDE project. But the Extra
Gear guidelines still apply of course: It needs to be a KDE application,
actively maintained and considered stable or near-stable by its maintainer.

I did not have a look at the app yet, but from what people write I think that
it would really be best to get it started in kdenonbeta and then move it to
either kdeedu or kdeextragear when it fullfills the usual KDE requirements.

> a few weeks, the app it self is allready quite good.
So you just volunteered? Great! ;-)

Klas